All Zealots Field Leagues have been paid for. It may take a few days for MFL to mark them paid. ×

2022 ZFAC Summary of Rule Changes

mmason

The Rules Committee for the Classic and PPR leagues have released their rule changes.

·         2022 Classic PPR/Rules Document

·         2022 Classic/PPR Summary of Changes

·         2022 ZFAC Rules Document

·         2022 ZFAC Summary of Rule Changes

SUMMARY

Rules in Common apply to all Zealots leagues, and are separated into two subsections:

I. Administration and Code of Conduct – These are unable to be modified by specialty leagues.

Category I changes are as follows:

LANGUAGE CLARIFICATIONS

----Removed references to the NFL’s 17-week regular season.  Last year, with the NFL’s schedule still in flux, we built in two possible scenarios. Now that the NFL will be 18 weeks for the foreseeable future, the language has been cleaned up to remove other references.

----All references to “Practice Squad” change to “Taxi Squad” to reflect MFL terminology

----Clarified the amount of time for traded TS players to be demoted or assigned a contract

----Intradocument language inserted to direct people to specific sections.

----Clarification of the process by which Commissioners are to delete and reopen auction bids in the event an illegal bid is made during the RFA process

----Specified the criteria for a player to be released without penalty is depending upon their being on the active roster, not simply having a contract, due to the new NFL taxi squad rules that allow “free” promotion of players from the PS to the active roster.

RULE CHANGES

----Clarified that Zealots Staff determine the rule change process, and added specific steps to facilitate the voting process.

----Standardized RFA start time.

II. Gameplay These are able to be modified by specialty leagues during the formation of their rulesets, or by subsequent vote by the members of a specialty format (following the Rule Change process.) 

Category II changes are as follows:

TRADES

----Specified that trades must consist of an exchange of trade-eligible assets as defined in the Rules Document.

----Delayed the restoration of trading abilities until after the January check-in deadline.  The trade deadline did not change.

Edited by mmason

• 4 weeks later...

Is the Calendar of Events a common item across all syndicates? Just curious because of the change that was done to the dues timeline by the rules in common changes. Should that have been something carried over to this syndicate also for continuity which would of effected our start date of RFA too.

2 minutes ago, Panther Pride said:

Is the Calendar of Events a common item across all syndicates? Just curious because of the change that was done to the dues timeline by the rules in common changes. Should that have been something carried over to this syndicate also for continuity which would of effected our start date of RFA too.

Yes. I addressed this in the email I sent to all ZFAC Owners on March 9.

I just haven't had time to correct the Rules Document. 

• Thanks 1

• mmason unpinned this topic
  • mmason locked this topic