All Zealots Field Leagues have been paid for. It may take a few days for MFL to mark them paid. ×

Player Buyout Question

NateDawg

If a player is released by a NFL team and resigned to a taxi squad, can the buyout be removed three months later or does the taxi squad signing constitute being on a NFL roster? Just curious as I don't see that situation specifically referenced in the rules. Thanks!

I would assume being signed to a taxi squad does not constitute being signed to the NFL active roster.

I would assume being signed to a taxi squad does not constitute being signed to the NFL active roster.

I agree that is not being signed to an active roster, but the rule simply states "is not resigned by another team for three months." The player is "being signed" just to a practice squad contract. Just wanted to make sure I was interpreting the rule correctly.

If a player is released from his NFL team and not resigned by another team for three months, he may be released without penalty. Note that this 3-month period begins upon release from the NFL; it is not contingent upon how long a ZFAC team owns him.

A player signed to a practice squad is not the active roster of the team. Majority of the time a practice squad player doesn't carry a team designation in MFL anyways, i.e Ball, Marcus FA S has been on Carolina's PS all season. Therefore I never count that as "signed" to a team. Once activated, then they get a team designation in MFL thus they are "signed" to the team.

Edited by Panther Pride

A player signed to a practice squad is not the active roster of the team. Majority of the time a practice squad player doesn't carry a team designation in MFL anyways, i.e Ball, Marcus FA S has been on Carolina's PS all season. Therefore I never count that as "signed" to a team. Once activated, then they get a team designation in MFL thus they are "signed" to the team.

Thanks.