All Zealots Field Leagues have been paid for. It may take a few days for MFL to mark them paid. ×

Vote : Auction limit 2 starts or 4

millworkguy

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple poll question about the number of auctions that can be started (and be running) from one owner at a time. Mike Noss will allow a simple majority (18 of 35) owners to decide, if more then 27 of the 35 owners agree they want the limit raised to 4 it will go into effect this year. 1 vote per zfac owner (regardless of how many teams you have)

Thanks

MillWorkGuy

Keep at two otherwise up to 48 can be at auction at one time...too many to keep track

48 assumes all gm's will do the max, right now there are 13 in I/II 21 in III 16 in IV , 0 in V and 19 in VI of a possible 24 auctions.

that's 79 of a possible 120 auctions

And classic leagues do not have this limit

I will think on this, but I do not think it can be a blanket 4.

RFA needs to have the lower limit, and there are not as many players that are dealt with at that time.

I am not talking about rfa's but fa right now,

Edited by millworkguy

That is not what you ask though. You are stating just change it to 4. Also, you can't count V yet because we are still in RFA and haven't entered the UFA part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Panther Pride

Actually UFA has started in some AC leagues.

ACI Bills and ACIV Steelers have voted

I know but his count of 0 in V means nothing when we are not in UFA yet

However, I want more clarity of when this is suppose to be for. I understand you are not wanting to change RFA ever with this vote, correct? This will be just for the period after RFA to the start of the season (not for our in- season auctions) right?

Edited by Panther Pride

However, I want more clarity of when this is suppose to be for. I understand you are not wanting to change RFA ever with this vote, correct? This will be just for the period after RFA to the start of the season (not for our in- season auctions) right?

Correct, my intent was not to change the rfa period, its an area (Mike and) I failed to split from this vote when it (this vote) was conceived, and now that we are in the process of this vote, i will not edit the question. Furthermore allowing (48) during rfa's would potentially put all rfa's up at the same time, and i doubt that would happen based on the compensation and pick tracking required to do that by each gm.

I am hoping that by opening up more choices during the auction process, prices will fall slightly (as we are able to introduce other options, rather then continue to overbid the current selections) and once out-bid a gm isn't forced to wait days (or more) to be able to start working on their next target (and once again hoping it stays in their price range). Obviously this isn't an option if you continue to always start the maximum number of auctions, but, only being allowed two choices at a time to build a team, is very restrictive and forces owners to re-act to the lack of choices on the board at that time, rather then be able to build. Remember that classic leagues do not have this restriction, and you are able to start more then 2 auctions to build your team there, why would we restrict this (so substantially) in ZFAC ?

Correct, my intent was not to change the rfa period, its an area (Mike and) I failed to split from this vote when it (this vote) was conceived, and now that we are in the process of this vote, i will not edit the question. Furthermore allowing (48) during rfa's would potentially put all rfa's up at the same time, and i doubt that would happen based on the compensation and pick tracking required to do that by each gm.

I am hoping that by opening up more choices during the auction process, prices will fall slightly (as we are able to introduce other options, rather then continue to overbid the current selections) and once out-bid a gm isn't forced to wait days (or more) to be able to start working on their next target (and once again hoping it stays in their price range). Obviously this isn't an option if you continue to always start the maximum number of auctions, but, only being allowed two choices at a time to build a team, is very restrictive and forces owners to re-act to the lack of choices on the board at that time, rather then be able to build. Remember that classic leagues do not have this restriction, and you are able to start more then 2 auctions to build your team there, why would we restrict this (so substantially) in ZFAC ?

Alot of it deals with our system. Not saying we can't raise the limit. But in Classics we have no salary to worry about. Here we do, even though in the off season it is a soft cap. But we are also trying to not have owners go drastically overboard then find them selves at payday scrambling to fix their cap issue. Also, eliminates alot of the over spending and 50% penalties for the same off season drop.

Alot of it deals with our system. Not saying we can't raise the limit. But in Classics we have no salary to worry about. Here we do, even though in the off season it is a soft cap. But we are also trying to not have owners go drastically overboard then find them selves at payday scrambling to fix their cap issue. Also, eliminates alot of the over spending and 50% penalties for the same off season drop.

I have no problem with the concept of the auction cap, i have several other salary contract year leagues, that either have no, or a 6 player (soft) cap (meaning your can start more in a few hours). I just don't think the owners need to be protected from themselves, to this level of restriction

I'm surprised how close this is. In AC3, we bumped the limit to 4, and are essentially done with FA, just in time for the draft. It was active and enjoyable.

Meanwhile, in AC6, we've had between 9-13 auctions running out of a possible 24. My two nominations have dragged for almost a week, and the other 7 players are of zero interest. This makes for a very boring and unproductive free agency period, which is frustrating to owners who are ready and willing to nominate more players, but cannot. The limit hinders the ability of owners to better their team during the offseason.

If people won't support a raise from the start of free agency, then we should at least support a point--say having reached 50% auction capacity--where the limits are automatically removed or bumped.

Edited by mmason
  • Like 2