All Zealots Field Leagues have been paid for. It may take a few days for MFL to mark them paid. ×

How do 2013 Classic Rule Changes effect ZFAC?

Guest eaglesphan79

Our rule book clearly states "Being based upon the ZFL, all rules of the ZFL apply fully and 100% unless modified or deleted by this addendum. Any rule changes to the ZFL rules will also apply to ZFAC."

I assume the following will prolly hold:

• A vote was held to expand rosters from 53 to 60 for the entire off-season instead of at the beginning of rookie drafts. This passed 14-0.
  • A vote was held to modify the rookie draft order so non-playoff teams would pick before playoff teams. This vote passed 14-1. This does not apply to 2013 rookie drafts!
  • A subsequent vote was held to modify the rookie draft order for playoff teams to follow the NFL rules based on when you exit the playoffs. This vote passed 13-0. This does not apply to 2013 rookie drafts!
  • A vote was held to extend the trade deadline from Kickoff of week 11 games to 1PM ET on Sunday of Week 11. This passed 14-0. (Hazy since we have a line in trades also that states the kickoff of week 11, so that is Mike's call)
  • A vote was held to remove trade confirmation on the forums. This passed 14-0.
  • We voted to add a clause that commissioners would have to process trades. That failed 1(YES)-13(NO). This means trades are automatically processed when they are accepted at MFL. Commissioners will need to monitor trade comments for ZBuck trades.
  • A vote was held to change the RB/WR Offensive Flex Player to a RB/WR/TE Offensive Flex Player. This passed 16-0.
  • A vote was held to remove conference & division realignment. This passed 13-0.

The rest of the section on FA doesn't apply to ZFAC as those rules mainly deal with the RFA process in Classics which we have different rules all ready in place for those, and our auctions were all ready basically open all year.

None of the section on waivers applies to ZFAC.

An area of uncertainty is on the IR. ZFL passed that we can activate from IR, but ours is still undecided. But we also still allow owners to place a player on IR if listed out, which I thought we had removed when ZFL did, thus our IR language is different in our rule book.

The “Inactive List” of the ZFL is not used. We use the MFL Taxi Squad for the Practice Squad in ZFAC.

Owners may place up to four players on the Injured Reserve. A player is eligible for the IR if he is on the NFL’s injured reserve list or if he is listed as “out” on the NFL’s weekly injury report. Any player placed on injured reserve will remain on the list until the start of the off-season. Before any player can be placed on the injured reserve list that player must be on a team’s active roster for at least one week; they cannot be signed directly to the IR list from Free Agency. Players placed on IR do not count against the team’s 53-man roster limit.

Any player placed on the IR frees up salary cap space equal to exactly half of his salary. Odd value salaries (E.g. $11) will count against the salary cap as half the salary, rounded down.

This message is not endorsed by Czar Mike, so anything can change.

• 3 weeks later...

• A vote was held to expand rosters from 53 to 60 for the entire off-season instead of at the beginning of rookie drafts. This passed 14-0.
    --> While the ZFAC rulebook under "rosters" specifically says at start of draft, we will modify to honor this amendment

• A vote was held to modify the rookie draft order so non-playoff teams would pick before playoff teams. This vote passed 14-1. This does not apply to 2013 rookie drafts!
    --> Confirmed

• A subsequent vote was held to modify the rookie draft order for playoff teams to follow the NFL rules based on when you exit the playoffs. This vote passed 13-0. This does not apply to 2013 rookie drafts!
    --> Confirmed

• A vote was held to extend the trade deadline from Kickoff of week 11 games to 1PM ET on Sunday of Week 11. This passed 14-0. (Hazy since we have a line in trades also that states the kickoff of week 11, so that is Mike's call)
    --> We shall modify the ZFAC rulebook to mirror

• A vote was held to remove trade confirmation on the forums. This passed 14-0.
    --> Confirmed

• We voted to add a clause that commissioners would have to process trades. That failed 1(YES)-13(NO). This means trades are automatically processed when they are accepted at MFL. Commissioners will need to monitor trade comments for ZBuck trades.
    --> Confirmed

• A vote was held to change the RB/WR Offensive Flex Player to a RB/WR/TE Offensive Flex Player. This passed 16-0.
    --> Confirmed

• A vote was held to remove conference & division realignment. This passed 13-0.
    --> I'm confused, does this mean your current division will remain your division forever and ever amen? Or am I reading this wrong?

An area of uncertainty is on the IR. ZFL passed that we can activate from IR, but ours is still undecided. But we also still allow owners to place a player on IR if listed out, which I thought we had removed when ZFL did, thus our IR language is different in our rule book.

--> Per the recent rules vote, in ZFAC, once on IR, always on IR. I will have to research whether ZFL rules allow players listed as "out" to go on IR.

During my next break from work (starting Saturday), I shall work on a revised ZFAC rulebook incorporating all the latest rules. I shall delay official publication, however, pending the completion of the two remaining rules votes.

A vote was held to remove conference & division realignment. This passed 13-0.

--> I'm confused, does this mean your current division will remain your division forever and ever amen? Or am I reading this wrong?

That is exactly it. The divisions remain as they are as of the 2013 MFL. We passed this to make it easier on the leadership than trying to realign every three years. It also seemed the consensus was that most of the time the divisions didn't really change much or at all. Another diving factor was with new owners is realigning really justice to an owner that may not have been a cause of previous team outcomes.

Darn, and I'm not in the AFC West in each of my divisions. I may have to exert Czar-power and change the names of the divisions at least. lol

• 9 months later...
Guest eaglesphan79

Same questions w/ 2014 rules changes...

Will the 1RB rule be in effect this year? Will we move to 3DL next year? Will Conferences be eliminted?....etc..

I am going to assume that anything dealing with the league structure, i.e conferences eliminated, tiebreakers, etc are carried through to us because we do not change those rules as applied from ZFL.

----------------- LEAGUE STRUCTURE --------------

4. Vote was held to eliminate conferences and allow two best wildcards to make the playoffs instead of one from each conference. This vote passed 14-0.
5. Vote was held to modify the wildcard tiebreakers to insert All Play Winning % and remove Division Winning %, Conference Winning %, and Head to Head record. This vote passed 13-1.
6. Vote was held to add All Play Winning % into the divisional tiebreakers as the 4th tiebreaker. This vote passed 13-0 with 1 voter abstaining.
8. Vote was held to change Coin Flip to Dice Roll in the tiebreakers since a Dice Roll can be done online and a coin flip cannot be done online. This vote passed 13-0 with 1 voter abstaining.
9. Vote was held to modify rookie draft tiebreakers to match the wildcard tiebreakers. This vote passed 14-0. This does NOT change the 2014 rookie draft orders and will go into effect for 2015 rookie drafts.
Now in regards to the lineup and scoring

---------------- LINEUPS and SCORING --------------

1. Vote was held to modify the starting lineups by changing one of the mandatory RB to an O-Flex (RB/WR/TE). This vote passed 12-2.
3. Vote was held to change IDP lineups to 3DL, 3LB, and 3DB and add Tackles For Loss (TFL) to scoring (2 pts) effective for the 2015 season. This vote passed 11-2 with 1 voters abstaining.

This maybe a little more trickier because one one aspect we passed a different scoring all ready for IDP but at same time we rejected a change to IDP line up like the one approved in ZFL.

These measures have already passed vote, will be included in the 2014 rules.

Players will NOT be allowed to return from IR to the active roster

Defensive lineups will NOT change
IDP scoring will increase (LB Tackles 1.5, DL/DB Tackles 2.0, LB Assists .75, DL/DB Assists 1.0, Tackles for Loss 2.0)

I think all the other matters were not related to ZFAC as they dealt with ROD's, ZBucks, etc

Per the ZFAC rulebook (updated version pending, I promise, to include all relevant changes), the ZFAC leagues will mirror the classic leagues EXCEPT where specific rules have been voted/incorporated.

We held votes regarding starting lineups and IDP scoring to start in the 2014 season. Since they were specifically voted upon, those rules will be in effect in 2014 for ZFAC, meaning we will differ slightly from classic leagues.

If anybody desires, we can conduct a supplemental rules vote to align those aspects of ZFAC back with the classic community, effective the 2015 season. (Had I known such rules changes were under consideration in the classic realm, I likely would have held off on such votes in ZFAC, but that's neither here nor there.) For 2014, we'll implement the classic changes which do not conflict with ZFAC bylaws, both old and newly voted upon.