All Zealots Field Leagues have been paid for. It may take a few days for MFL to mark them paid. ×

Trading/Refreshing Zbucks in the off-season

air_coryell

I was curious about the trading of players/picks for Zbucks, and how the rule on refreshing them at the beginning of the off-season is enforced. We had situations in both of my ZFAC leagues this year where nobody really knew how many Zbucks anybody had. This was due to a combination of factors - Payday not being processed and/or MFL not being configured to subtract auction funds. I'm worried that we're headed in the same direction for next season, as I see trades involving multiple hundreds of Zbucks taking place on a weekly basis.

The rules say that Zbucks are to be refreshed the first day of the off-season, with any remaining Zbucks (under $500) being carried forward into the new season. Is there any specific methodology on how Commissioners are supposed to handle the accounting of this number? In one of my leagues, I can see that each team was given $5500 Zbucks, with nobody having any more that $6000 total. In my other league, that hasn't been done.

Guest eaglesphan79

I had this same question in my ZFAC league.

We have not yet been given our $5500 ZBucks for 2013. I currently have a balance of 700, so if I were to trade $200 ZBucks for someone, I'm unclear on what would happen. Would I still have 500 to carryover? Or would that 200 deduct from my 2013 total of 6000 (5500 + carryover), which seems to be what the rules suggest.

In AC3, I know I may not have gotten to the reduction immediately this year and had a trade that did trade ZB after the end of the year. However, I processed the reduction to 500 zb first as per rules, added the 5500 payday, both of which happen as of the first day of the off-season. Then processed the trade of ZB's.

But yes the reduction to 500 and the addition of 5500 is to happen the first day after the AC Bowls. So if you traded 200, you would be at 5800.

Edited by Panther Pride

Very true, Panther Pride, and now that I have a few days off from work I shall make sure AC2, 4, 6 get updated accordingly. My bad for not getting that done earlier when I did my other post-season cleanup actions.

(Hmm... maybe I need a post-season checklist, in addition to my pre-season checklist...)